Satire, it's the new black.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

New Toy

I picked up my new toy this weekend, a Ducati Monster 750. These bikes
are not for the feint of heart (which ones are?) with their growling
exhaust and exposed frame they are unmistakably Italian. Built as much
through lust as engineering, it is a red, dynamic and visceral machine.
I think I'm going to enjoy it very much. The guy I bought it from had
nicknamed it Duche after the dictator. I had to let him know that my
Maltese heritage would mean that I re-christen her. Being an educated
and travelled man, he knew instantly why, and his understanding
softened the blow. There will be a new name, but I need to be wary. A
rose by any other name is just as sweet and will hurt just as much if
not careful when handling.

2 Comments:

Blogger STAG said...

Oh maan, I am so jealous...you get to ride. I am stuck here in Ottawa, watching the icicles form on the handlebars of my 1200 Vee Star. Well, next week I will be diving in Malta, so neener neener! Grin!

Regards, keep the shiny side up top.

11:10 PM

 
Blogger John said...

I'm Maltese (or at least half of me is) but have never been there – the jealosy is all mine!

10:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home