Satire, it's the new black.

Wednesday, January 29, 2003

In Vegas last week and walking down the street with my wife and a friend from work. In a good mood because I've decided that I'm "off the diet" for the trip and we are headed to the Big Ass Buffet at the Bellagio. As we stride towards the piles of food, we pass by some people handing out what looks like business cards.

Being in the Marketing and Advertising game myself, I just had to check out the collateral presented by this fine phalanx of pavement promoters. The cards hint at what appears to be a very limber working professional who would visit you for a price. My interest is piqued. While many pertinent details were missing, the price was clearly stated and ranged from $60 to $75 with several choosing the ever popular $69 - go figure. We got the "Low price leader", the "Premium Brand" and the cleverly positioned (still talking price here) all within a few feet. Before I know what was happening, I got about 10 cards.

My wife made me toss them out before I could ask the hucksters why the price difference. So, what's the moral of the story? Well, let's go for this one - When walking in Vegas, it's good to have your wife around to keep your priorities in order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home