Satire, it's the new black.

Sunday, February 16, 2003

I flipped to 60 minutes tonight just in time to hear Andy Rooney's commentary.

I don't always agree with him but ever since I found out Andy is an amateur woodworker I have given him greater latitude (I’ll get into that later). His comments illustrate a difference between his generation and mine. They went to war and saved the world. We still send soldiers (and tax dollars) around the world. But now we do it as a preventative (half)measure.

Approval from the French? It’s never going to happen. They have too much money riding on Saddam. If we have proof there is a risk, let’s layout the case and move forward. Andy’s right – the French (or anyone else) are not going to step up and settle international disputes. Sooner or later they would have to put up or shut up and they don’t have the muscle. We do, and that’s why it’s our call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home