Satire, it's the new black.

Monday, August 11, 2003

Ass kicked
Sailing this Saturday with a new crew on a new boat... a much less experienced crew on a much smaller and faster boat... with a Skipper who is bent on getting his boat to go as fast as possible... we crashed twice.

I've not been in a full breach (boat sideways in the water) before, and was working foredeck when it happened... something about hanging from the mast and looking at nothing but green water changes your perspective on your recreational pursuits.

I have several large and painful bruises and have done some sort of damamge to my neck... let's take a minute to talk about inexperienced crew opening a hatch in the middle of a tack. I'm in mid slide when, to my surprise, there is no boat underneath me. Apparently, someone decided to open the hatch and stand in the middle of the boat... he soon had a 200 pound hat... I soon found myself head first in the galley... this same guy broke the boat in two places just trying to stay out of the water...

Obviously, we got our asses kicked - even the big cruisers finished ahead of us... At least we had a nice day to sail... and when we went fast, we really went fast... despite everything I said when I got to dry land, there will be a next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home