Satire, it's the new black.

Thursday, April 17, 2003

WARNING
There is an evil tide rising in the world and you need to be aware of it. It’s what I’m referring to as the “Doctor’s Visit” analogy.

Want to make your stupid argument sound good? Use the "Doctor's visit" analogy. I've come across this twice in the last week.
On marketing – “If your doctor acted like your Marketing guy, he'd spend an hour telling you about his cool stuff and then ask you if you were interested in a diagnoses”. Please, make these pinheads shut up. I go to the doctor to perform a function, I’ve already made the purchasing decision (that’s how I chose my doctor).

And the second one from some professional certification program that went something like “I’m not really a doctor but I think you should get brain surgery”… What complete horseshit. These self important crack addicts are assuming that being a business consultant (and an HR weenie one at that) is on par with a professional head cracker.

This has got to stop. So, I’m warning you now – if you see a Doctor’s Visit Analogy in an advertisement you need to turn away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home