Satire, it's the new black.

Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Horribly, horribly wrong.
I’m watching “House Hunter” tonight. I’m sure you’ve never seen it because it really sucks. It’s a show that follows around a real estate agent and a homebuyer and you can tell how long you have been watching it by counting the number of times the agent says “Why don’t we go look at…”. The math is simple – they say it about 5 times per minute. Bad dialogue is one thing, and I’ve watched enough “Action” movies to be somewhat immune. I have one huge problem with this show – unattractive people.

It’s TV – unattractive people should sit home and watch it, not be on it. I see unattractive people all day long. Ugly isn’t a crime but it’s so damn common that it shouldn’t be called entertainment. For christsake, even if you aren’t a physical specimen at least dress nicely and comb your damn hair. It wouldn’t hurt to annunciate either.

Why broadcast mundane? Give me sexy. Sexy actors, actresses, spokesmodels, newscasters, even the chick on The Weather Channel better be hot or I’m flicking over to the news where our local weathercaster has the forehead of Frankenstein, but at least she dresses nicely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home