Satire, it's the new black.

Monday, January 08, 2007

I was helping my friend move this weekend.

How old do you have to be to stop getting the call to help a friend move? It's older than 38. I'm sore today, but it was worth doing. Not because he is a good friend -- I've stiffed a lot of friends on moving day and they all got over it. It was worth it because after seeing all his shit in total disarray and piled up all over the place it made me realize that I too have way too much shit. I need to go through it all and start dumping stuff in small doses over time -- not wait until the detritus of my life congeals upon a specific time and space to be hauled to the dump or heaved semi-cautiously into a moving van. Besides, if I get rid of all the crap I have now, I can get other-more-better crap to put in it's place.

2 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Ha, what a tool, you're in your late 30s and you helped him move.

Oh wait--I did that LAST weekend.

5:11 PM

 
Blogger Susan said...

wow, back in the game after over a year and already 2 comments posted. BTW - i learned this lesson a couple of years ago after moving 7 times in about as many years - then again i am WAY older than you..

5:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home