Satire, it's the new black.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Weakness

The wife and I went out on a date last night. It started out as a nice idea, dinner and a movie without the kids. Pretty much the standard night out for a couple of old married folks.

The Pleasant Hill theaters is perfect for us, it is a nice new theater, has a good restaurant across the street. BTW, try Left Bank. And, most importantly, it is very close to my mother-in-law's house. In case we need to make a mad dash to a child-based emergency, we are only 5 minutes away.

This time out we found out that they had put up a Fat Burger between the theater and Left Bank. Now, truth be told, the French have proven almost useless... I say almost because the Frog Bastards still have all that "culture" shit. You know, the food, wine and clothes... Shit like that. True, all three are fairly "chick getting" based endeavors, but if you gotta pick one thing to make a stand on, it might as well be that, and God and NATO knows they haven't made a stand on anything else recently. Anyway, I digress... If you haven't had a FatBurger, you need to try one. They are very good... Especially when decked out as a Double King Burger with Cheese and Bacon... Yes. Dear Lord, when they go for the roto-rooter job in my chest, the extra 20 minutes of scraping will be for the double bacon cheese burger. And, it will have been worth it. I do feel guilty, not because of the burger (I'm only a Man, and a relatively weak one at that), because of the Chili-Fries. They are so far away from healthy, they don't even appear on the Department of Agriculture food pyramid. They do show up on the DEA site right between Heroin and Morphine. Long story short, I ate all the fries then sat through a very funny movie while the sweet, sweet poison coursed through my arteries. Now, a day later, I ask myself... who would be so cruel as to put another fine burger place so near me? Who?!? Could it be... Satan?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home