Satire, it's the new black.

Monday, January 29, 2007

In your kitchen

We're starting our kitchen remodel and expect the contractor to begin demolition on Wednesday. Because putting in a kitchen requires no less than 11ty Billion decisions before you can get started, it's actually taken almost 2 years to get to this point. And, quite honestly, I've had it already. Why in the name of all that is holy can't I just go into a Kitchen store, point and say; "I'll take it." nope, not with this insidious band of optioneers. We must decide the layout, the floors, countertops, cabinets, hardware, drawer types, appliances, shelves, drawer add-ons, windows, doors, door hardware, lighting placement, lighting fixtures, cabinet finish, cabinet wood, and, door type... we're almost done with the choices so we can get started.

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

I actually think you can do that. An aging bachelor (20 years older than me) in my condo complex recently redid his kitchen. It looks great. He said "I just walked into Home Depot, pointed at one of the model kitchens, and said 'That one' and they installed it." I think it's the wife thing that brings in the complexity.

9:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home